Thursday, November 27, 2008

American

I have a soft spot in my heart for American Thanksgiving.
My grandma grew up in Buffalo, and every year we would call her on her Thanksgiving and wish her a happy Thanksgiving.
So, when I turned on the tv and saw the Macy's parade preparations, I was excited. So, I told Doodle all about Great Grandma, and how this day was special to her.
I told him that Great Grandma was born in Buffalo. He looked at me with really wide eyes and said "Wow! My Great Grandma grew up in a Hotel and shopped at Target when she was 4???"
I could have told him about hardship and growing up back then. But, instead I just said "yep. her life was pretty exciting."

I'm sorry to not post more. I have about a zillion drafts saved, but really, there's not too much to say. My baby is teething again, I'm kind of dreading going back to work, and I'm stressing about Christmas. That makes for some fun posts.

4 comments:

Badness Jones said...

Lol! I love that. Happy American Thanksgiving!

SciFi Dad said...

That's awesome. Grandmas love Target.

And hey, write when you want to write, and say what you want to say. We're here.

Anonymous said...

Even if the posts aren't exciting to you I think there's a bunch of us out here who are interested to read what you have to write!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hee hee! I forgot about the parade, bummer!
How soon are you going back to work??