Sunday, November 2, 2008

And it gets better ...

You may have thought that November was enough fun just trying to wean my sweet baby girl.
It gets better.
Last night I went to sleep feeling crappy. I had itchy eyes and could feel a cold coming on.
I woke up with one eye stuck shut. Weird, eh?
I got up, washed it, and went to church. I still felt crappy, and we decided to stop at the drug store to pick up some visine. Confused by the choices, I asked the pharmacist. He looked at me and said "you have an eye infection." and sent me to the doctor.
And oh, the walk-in clinic.
What a fun place! After an hour and a half surrounded by much sicker people I got a prescription for my eye, ear and sinus infection.
So yes.
Life here is good.
The baby is not really subscribing to the theory that if she's hungry she'll eat. She has taken a total of 3 ounces from a bottle over the past 2 days. She's quite happy to wait it out by screaming, sleeping and being miserable.
We're a happy bunch over here.

4 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Ugh! That sounds so sucky. Hope everything improves soon.

SciFi Dad said...

Look at it this way: at least you know to expect the locusts and pestilence next, right?

LoriD said...

Oh man, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

kinda gross, but do u know what heals an eye infection?! BREAST MILK!