Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Meeting Goals

Last night was my 4th Weight Watchers Meeting which means I've been doing this for a month. And guess what? I lost 2 more pounds which means I've lost a little more than 5 lbs. But more than that? I'd set a specific weight goal that I wanted to hit for our trip to Disney World. And I hit it last night ... 3 weeks ahead of schedule!
I'm thrilled.
Of course I set myself a new goal. And of course I have another 20 + lbs to lose before I hit my goal weight. But, I'm seeing the changes and I'm seeing the difference and I'm pretty happy about that.
Here's the funny thing. For the last month we've also been following a version of the elimination diet: no dairy, no refined sugars and flours, limited wheat and eggs. It has been difficult, but we've been plugging away at it. One of the ways we've done this is by baking a lot. The cookies in our house are low sugar and different wheats. And we've been eating TONS of fresh fruit and veggies.
So, yesterday evening I bought myself a cookie from Starbucks. I love them. And I was surprised when I just didn't enjoy it quite so much. It just tasted a little fake - and not quite so satisfying. Maybe there's something to this clean living.
This week we're also seeing our naturopath to review the results of what we've been doing. I believe that we'll be introducing some foods back into Doodle's diet (eggs, please eggs!). Should be a fun week.
And as for today ... we're having a strawberry and cereal picnic before playing at the playground and then going grocery shopping. It will be either really funny or BRUTAL. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I am so proud of you! Good for you! And a strawberry/cereal picnic sounds like a lot of fun!