Saturday, April 5, 2008

And I was worried

I have heard lots of horror stories about siblings not accepting a new baby.
I knew Doodle was pretty excited about having a sister, but I was a little worried about what would happen once reality set in around here.
Afterall, we're paying a lot of attention to the baby, and Doodle has had to be patient while I've nursed the baby and couldn't do something for him immediately. He hasn't said much, just been his normal happy self.
So yesterday we were all sitting at the doctor's office and Doodle told me he thinks we should have another baby. Another girl.
I asked him why. He said "it's just that I love our baby so much I think we should have more."
We've always discussed 2 children. We once debated 3, but that was before Doodle came along and we realized how hard this parenting thing can be. I'll admit that this baby is pretty easy, and there have been a couple times this week when I've been cuddling and nursing and enjoying the joy that is having a new baby, and wondered if this is for sure the last time.
And then I realized that really I think 2 is it for us.
But, at the same times these feelings of having so much love and enjoyment that I'd consider it again are so so so welcome in my life. I struggled so much with Doodle at first, not bonding, feeling like he didn't love me, sobbing and crying over the physical and emotional pain that it's a totally incredible emotion to feel this calm happiness.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My biggest worry about having a third is that it would be the child from hell and all those perfect feelings I was hoping to have would be out the door! LOL
There is nothing sweeter then seeing siblings love each other, it's so awesome! Doodle is so dang cute as is his sister!!!

Blog said...

I am sooooooo dunzo!!! ;) You have lots of time to decide if you want another, right?

citygirl said...

I'm having a hard time with ZERO children (unless you count my husband). I have to bow to parents everywhere because I am really not sure if I could ever be capable of being a parent!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Lots of time, babe! Enjoy #2!!! That is VERY sweet what he said!

Leece said...

I am so happy that things are going well for you and you are experiencing all these positive wonderful and happy feelings. Can't wait till you come by work for a visit with her!

SciFi Dad said...

That is so sweet, what Doodle said.

And, just like every mother, you'll want another one as soon as this one no longer does some "baby thing" that you love so much.