Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's Going On?

I know I know.
I haven't posted in ages - or at least ages for me.

I've been in a bit of a funk. Not a bad, depressive, woe is me funk. More of a staying at home, not doing much exciting, trying to recover from a cold kind of rut.
And, as exciting as I find my morning routine of watching Rachael Ray, having a shower, and not doing much else of note, I don't really can't imagine that is interesting to anyone other than me!

But ...

Today is Doodle's last day of daycare. It marks about 4.5 weeks since the baby's birth. I was going to keep him in daycare till the end of May, but I miss him. I hate drop offs, and I hate knowing that I'm at home and he's there. The recovery time has been fantastic, but I've been recovered from the birth for ages. This cold - not so much - but definitely the birth!

And, just to make tomorrow super exciting I've loaded the day up as much as possible. We have doctor's appointments, a haircut and pictures. And, since our water will be turned off, we're kind of using my parents' home as the command centre for lunch and baths, etc. It should be interesting. Wish me luck! I hope to maintain my sanity :)

4 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you will now be outnumbered by people that can't go to the bathroom by themselves! ;)

Enjoy your time tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a blast.

LoriD said...

That will be nice to have Doodle home with you and the baby. I loved the time I got to spend with my older kids when I was home on maternity leave with the new babies. Enjoy!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I'm glad to hear you've taken time for yourself, that's important!

Karen MEG said...

Well it must almost feel like summer break with the boy home with you and baby girlie. Keeping yourself very busy, I see! It's so nice to have a baby in spring isn't it?

Happy weekend!