Monday, May 12, 2008

A Little of This A Little of That

Mother's Day
Yesterday was a perfect Mother's Day. Phat Daddy surprised me with a trip to my favourite restaurant - Cheesecake Factory! This meant a trip to Buffalo (holding our collective breath since we don't have a birth certificate for the baby). We had a fun time. We didn't spend tons of money. We did shop at Target and Walden and had a blast.
I'm still ever so grateful for our portable dvd player for the van.

The Baby's Health
I had an *interesting* visit with the naturopath on Friday. Perhaps more details to follow soon. It was pretty stressful. But ... we believe the source of the baby's gassiness and sore tummy is a milk allergy. Since I'm breastfeeding it means eliminating all dairy from my diet except yogurt. It means NO CHEESE. So. I enjoyed the day yesterday and now I'm jumping on the dairy free bandwagon. I actually have a huge list of things that I should and should not eat (basically no sugar) and so I sort of feel like I'm drifiting in this new world of organics, no milk and little sugar. She tried to cut out my coffee consumption, but that may just kill me.

It's Almost my Birthday!
I'm turning 30. Eek. Actually, this isn't a huge deal to me. The 30 thing that is. What is a big deal is that it's my birthday. And, I am moving into another decade.
Lately I've sort of felt I'm ready to be in my 30's. I have 2 kids, a house and a van. Seriously. Not to mention I don't feel over the hill. My grandad is going strong at 99. I have a long way to go!

3 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

{nodding}

Yep. That sounds familiar. It's not going to be fun as you start identifying the triggers (if I remember correctly, there was a period of time where we didn't cook with onions - and I'm ITALIAN - for a year).

Good luck, and glad to know you had a good Mother's Day.

Ali said...

target and cheesecake factory. that's our plan for next monday!

Blog said...

Rascal was EXTREMELY gassy for the first month or so. I talked to my doc about eliminating foods from my diet and he said that was all bogus.

Apparently, gassy babies just have immature digestive systems. This seemed to be the case for Rascal. I didn't change my diet and he grew out of the gassiness.

Happy belated Mother's Day!!!