Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More on the Healthy Life

So ...
While we prepare Doodle for the whole elimination diet and prepare ourselves for the healthy lifestyle, I did something I was kind of dreading.
I went back to Weight Watchers. Ugh.
If you have known me for awhile (online or in person) you'll know that I struggle with my weight, and for me, pretty much the only thing that consistently helps me lose/maintain my weight is the wonderful program that is Weight Watchers.
I've done the online version and the in-person version. Yes. I count points. And I journal what I eat. I don't enjoy it, but at the end of the day, for me it works and I lose weight. So, I decided to go back.
But for the first time in my life I went with a friend! Both of us have done the program. Both of us know what we're getting into. And both of us kind of dreaded the first weigh-in. Going together made it so much better. Okay. So, we didn't exactly stay for the meeting. It had been too long since we'd seen each other, and we already know all there is to know about the program. So, we decided to have a yummy (read: not WW approved) dinner before we embark on this weight loss journey.
To be completely honest, my weight when I stepped on the scale wasn't all that horrible. It's about 10 lbs higher than where the doctor would like me - but considering I'm nursing I can accept I'm a few pounds over her suggested weight. But, it's about 20 over where I'd be happy and 30 over my skinniest. So I have a ways to go.
We're going away in July and my goal is 5lbs though I'd be thrilled by 10.
I'm actually looking forward to this journey, because sometimes a journey is a little easier with a friend by your side.

No comments: