Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Day With Doodle

Today when I went to get Doodle up from bed (where he was wide awake and pretending to be a transformer) he told me he has a great idea.
Since I haven't had the baby yet, and since he doesn't want to go to daycare, how about he stays home with me and we have a fun day. Since my whole plan for the day was to read a book and relax I readily agreed. I mean, why not???
So today we've got some fun plans. We're spending the morning hanging out and not doing too much. I think that will mean some Playhouse Disney for Doodle and a good book for me. And, then in the afternoon we're working on his upcoming birthday party. I long ago promised him that I'd take him to Costco to get candy for his loot bags, and we may also hit the party store. I may even call and see if my nieces want to join us.
I'm actually debating if denim (maternity) capris and big yellow rain boots are an okay fashion statement. I saw a similar look on the Steven and Chris show this week, and I'm thinking I could rock that look. Or maybe not.
I'll have to try it.
But, you can pull off a lot more things when you're pregnant.
Speaking of fashion ...
Yesterday I went with my mom for mani/pedis. It was really fun. There's nothing like sitting drinking apple cider in a massaging chair while having your hands and feet massaged. It was really quite lovely.

6 comments:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Amy said...

After having just lugged 63 kg's of parts up to the second floor in the warehouse and attempting to catalogue them all I must say I'm 150% jealous (in a good way of course).

This whole being off work thing is sounding better and better all the time. LOL

I'll trade ya, I'll do diapers, you do inventory? LOL Teasing!!!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! Let me know when we can meet up, I have your 'Cozy' for you :)

Hugs!

Don Mills Diva said...

Sounds awesome - have a great day with Doodle.

Unknown said...

So very sweet! I hope it was a wonderful day. And now I need to know, did you rock the look?

Karen MEG said...

What a perfect day!!! Lovely time with your mom too, lucky you.
Enjoy this time before baby #2 when joyous pandemonium will erupt.

Anonymous said...

Haven't had an update in a while - I hope you're okay.

-Infectiouslaughter