Thursday, March 27, 2008

Last Post as a Mom to One

This is it - probably the last time I will be posting as a mommy to just one child. Tomorrow (Friday) is my scheduled c-section, and unless something crazy comes up by tomorrow afternoon I will finally meet my new little baby.
I'm excited and nervous.
Yesterday I went in for an information session at the hospital. The meeting was incredible. It was a "pre-op" appointment, and since I've never had surgery, except for minor thumb surgery (!) I have no idea if this is routine or not. But ... it went really well. I had a zillion questions answered and I found out what to expect. I had the full surgery explained to me, and the nurse who I met with really put my mind at ease.
She also reassured me, like so many people have, that there is no reason that some of the stuff I experienced with Doodle (lack of bonding, ppd, etc) will happen again. We talked about all the resources available. It really put my mind at ease.
I fully expect to be in pain from the c-section, but I'm pretty confident I can handle it.
So now we do the last minute preparations. We finally finished decorating the baby's room. I bought a beautiful chandelier and Phat Daddy set it up. I love it! I've done laundry, and I have to make a few changes to all of the stuff I have packed. And I'm spending the day chilling. I'm going to read and watch tv and maybe doing a little cleaning.
I think I'm going to go to the mall and get a few little gifts for Doodle because he's told me numerous times he'll miss me. I'm thinking I'll get him a little present for each night I'm away. And, I know he'll be fine. I think I'm more worried about him than I am about me!
I probably won't be posting here for a few days. If you came here from my other blog, I've unlocked it for awhile (I took some stuff off it) and I'll be posting pictures there. So, check back over there if you are interested. I don't think anything will be posted till Saturday or Sunday though.
So wish me luck for a few things.
- That this baby will be healthy (Doodle got rushed to the nursery)
- That we will bond, and if we don't that I know enough to tell someone or that someone around me picks up on it and does something
- That Doodle is okay with the big adjustment. Yes, I know it will be hard
- That the surgery goes well
- And, of course, that this time I get a baby who sleeps. (a girl can dream, you know!!!)

11 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Everything will be fine. I'm sure of it.

As for bonding... just hold your baby as much as you can. If you're tired or whatever, just let her lie next to you. Don't let others (parents, in-laws, family) guilt you into giving them "their turn". She's yours, and bonding with her is important to you, so make it happen in the best ways you know how, even if it hurts other people's feelings in the process.

She's YOUR baby. Enjoy her.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Everything is going to be more than fine :-) Can't wait to hear all about it whenever you get the chance! All the best!

AndreAnna said...

Everything will be wonderful! Good luck and post as soon as you can! I need to so pics of newborns or my uterus may contract! ;)

Take care of yourself and your little family and all will fall in place like pie.

Amy said...

I have 150% confidence in you and I know Doodle will be fine too!
If he needs anything you know I'm available too, I've kept the whole weekend open for you in case the family gets tied up or needs a break at all. :)
Big hugs!!!!!!!

citygirl said...

I have complete faith that everything will be great. I can't believe the birth-day is almost here!!

LoriD said...

Best of luck to you! You're so prepared and excited - I know everything will be fine. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Lots of good vibes and prayers coming your way...
Doodle will be awesome, don't worry:)

Jenn said...

Best of luck! I'll be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Good luck LD! Have you taken my advice yet?? ;) LOL I'm glad the nurse you spoke to yesterday was good and was able to reassure you. It's going to be better, really it will! You have experience this time around and you will be surprised at how that will make a difference!!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I am thinking of you today! You and the baby will be just fine and I have the utmost confidence that the bonding etc. will go just fine! Good luck and cannot wait to hear all about it.

Blog said...

Oy. No words, LD! No words! Congrats again on your beautiful girl!!!!!! I'm so happy all the worries are over and that you're REALLY BONDING WITH HER!!! Yay!!!