Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Kid Cracks Me Up

It's probably no secret that I'm not the world's best driver.
Yesterday after dropping Phat Daddy off at work, I decided to take Doodle to Tim Hortons (or, as he calls it "timmortons").
The Tim's we go to has a very popular drive thru since there are tons of offices in the area, and Doodle loves nothing more than to sit in the window next to the drive thru and wave to all of the people in line.
So, I have to park.
Wisely I tried to back into a spot. I did not see the HUGE pile of snow sitting behind my van. And I backed right back into the huge pile of hard snow.
No biggie except that it was LOUD and I'm sure all 50 cars in the drive thru saw me. So, Doodle says "what was that?"
I calmly said "mommy just crunched some snow"
And, with a HUGE grin on his face Doodle said "and that's what we call Mommy's excellent driving skills!"
I almost died laughing. The child is right.
I do things like that all the time. I've never been in a car accident, but we do have several scratches on our car from me missing but just a bit.

Of course, the humour didn't stop when we got into Tim Horton's.
I made the mistake of telling Doodle that people are grumpy at Tim Horton's because they haven't had their coffee - just like me before I've had coffee. I said this in explanation of why he had to sit quietly in his seat.
Anyway ...
As we sitting waving at the cars he decided that anyone who didn't wave "hadn't had his coffee yet." He was probably pretty correct. It got to the point where he'd say "oh! He needs a coffee. Oh! she's already had her coffee."

As we're walking out of the place a man very grumpily stomped into the doors and almost knocked Doodle over. What does Doodle say? "Hey man. You're grumpy. I think you haven't had your coffee yet."

Thankfully the man started to laugh.

And all this before 9am!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that is too funny! I can just picture him saying it too! Doodle is a riot!

You can tell him I'm grumpy til I get my 'TimMortons' too :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this story! I was in a grumpy mood (and I don't drink coffee unless it's a starbucks latte) for other reasons but this made me smile and brightened my day!

LoriD said...

Too funny. I would have waved at him, even before coffee. :-)

citygirl said...

I know I'm a borderline driver and totally would have "crunched some snow"! Do you know how many times I've high-fived other mirrors with my side mirror on narrow streets?!

Ali said...

hilarious! love it!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

THAT is classic!!!