Monday, March 17, 2008

Ugh ...

Is there anyone who is super positive and active and "feeling it" at this point in their pregnancy? Cause let's be honest. I'm done.
Like totally and utterly done.
I have 11 days to go till my c-section. Less if I can go into labour on my own (and I'm trying) and I have pretty much had it. I just feel gross, out of sorts and not in the mood to do anything. No tv appeals to me. No books appeal to me. Sleeping does appeal, but I can't sleep uninterrupted anymore. Between peeing and heartburn and every.little.noise waking me up I'm just cranky and uncomfortable.
And then there's the food thing.
If you know anything about me you will know that I struggle with weight. Want to know why? In a nutshell I'm an emotional eater. If I'm stressed I eat. If I'm happy I eat. If I'm sad I eat. If I'm angry I eat. And I eat when I'm hungry in addition to my moods. That is bad.
What's weird, is that I can't eat right now. I'm losing weight. I know this is good. I'm not complaining about losing weight. But, when you lose a vice ... that's weird. I mean, it's like quitting smoking. It's great and all, but when you're moody it's not like that pack of gum is particularly appealing.
Ya know.
I don't know what's wrong. I think this is pretty normal. At this point in my pregnancy with Doodle I had already had him (or was in labour) so I have to admit I wasn't ready for this sudden feeling of drifting. The feeling of trying to balance stuff I want to get done with stuff that I need to get done.
Like, does washing all the baby clothes jinx my desire for an early labour? Logically no, but try to explain that to me. So instead I'm trying to line up fun stuff. Today I dyed my hair (and I love it!). Tomorrow I'm off for a pedicure, I think. Keeping positive.
Weird weird weird emotions. I'm so ready for this baby!

8 comments:

LoriD said...

I did that with my last one. My other two were surprise! early!, so I was ready for the third to be early too. As each day passed, I just planned things to do and places to go, willing that child to ruin my plans. She was a day late. Bugger.

SciFi Dad said...

OK, so now you're getting a new baby AND you're losing weight? And this is fair how?

:)

The last 11 will crawl by now, but 22 days from now it will seem like they flew by.

Unknown said...

I feel for you, I really do and I totally know what you are saying.
Just so you know, I can't wait to meet princess! It's been so long since I've held a teeny, tiny baby! As long as it doesn't stir any irrational thoughts in me for another one...

Blog said...

ALMOST THERE! And, all your feelings? TOTALLY normal, of course! I remember it well!!! Hang in there! And, keep doing all those fun things for yourself. You so deserve it! (hugs)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Yes, your feelings are so normal! And just remember, even if she waits to enter the world on your booked date, there will still be a list of things to "get done". Life is all about a "To Do" list--those stinkin' things never go away, so do try to enjoy this brief time before you have the baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you go see your CityLine stylist downtown? Hopefully they pampered you at the salon!

Anonymous said...

so close!! Take these last days to do LD stuff - like the pedicure and dying your hair... get a haircut, paint your nails anything so long as it's FOR YOU!

citygirl said...

Enjoy these last days of peace. My friend has 2 little guys now and they fight.non.stop.