Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Phat Daddy!

Today is Phat Daddy's birthday.
We're off to see the Monster Jam show at the Rogers Centre today. We went last year and loved it (despite the fact that no one in our family has a mullet!) Both Doodle and Phat Daddy have been talking about it all year. So, I decided to surprise both of them and get tickets to see the show.
Of course I'm going.
As much as it isn't exactly something I would do on a regular basis, the excitement of watching Monster Trucks smoosh cars and mobile homes is just too much to pass up.
Of course, we did a few other things to celebrate Phat Daddy's birthday.
Since Doodle had a birthday party to go to last night, I took Phat Daddy out to a super yummy dinner at one of our favourite Mexican restaurants. The birthday party was from 6-8 pm, perfect for timing for a dinner for 2.
I was pretty hungry, so ordered the biggest dinner in the world, and ate about a quarter of it. So, the rest will be lunch for our family today. It was that huge!
And, what was my other present for Phat Daddy? A gift card for a games store. I didn't end up selling the XBox (which, as it turns out is an XBox 360), and I decided to get Phat Daddy a game since it's his newest toy and I think he only has a couple of games. I went to the local games store, and when I didn't know the name of his system (I didn't even know there was a difference between an XBox and and XBox 360), and was overwhelmed by all the choices, I decided to buy a gift card.
I actually think a gift card is a pretty impersonal gift for a wife to give her husband, but Phat Daddy was thrilled, partly because I didn't choose a stupid game, and partly because he loves researching games.
Whatever works.
And, in between all the celebrating? well, it's work for me. We have a big deadline approaching at work, and so I managed to log a few hours getting some work done.
All in all a fun, but way-too-tiring weekend!

4 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Happy birthday Phat Daddy!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I bet you I know which restaurant you went to! ;)

Happy B-Day, Phat Daddy! Hope you had a good one!!!

Anonymous said...

:) Thank you

It was a fantastic weekend!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!