Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kindergarten Time

Today we found out from our local school that we can register Doodle for Junior Kindergarten this week.
Seriously.
My baby is turning 4 soon. And he's going to start school.
Ahhh!
I'm actually pretty good with Doodle growing up. I'm not the kind of mom who mourns for his babyhood. (though that's another post for another day). I try to be in the moment, and I enjoy the different ages.
I've liked every year better than the year before. I love that Doodle and I can chat now and that he understands reason. He doesn't always follow through with reason. But he does get it.
But kindergarten?
I'm excited. I remember JK. I loved JK.
But, somehow he seems too little still.
Daycare is one thing. They are really sheltered there. He still has his soother at nap time. They wipe his bum for him if he needs help. School is a whole different concept. It means he's growing up.
The one thing I'm excited about is the fact that I will be home on maternity leave when he starts school. I'll get to see the other kids in his class and meet the teacher. I'll hopefully get to know some of the other parents. That will be nice.
But still. He will be in school!
And then in another year we'll have decide about French Immersion. Yikes. I know ... one step at a time.
I mentioned it to Doodle today. He is VERY excited about school. He thinks it's much more exciting than daycare. We'll see. I just hope the teachers know what's coming!
The good news is that we have researched the school. From what I hear it's a good school. I was hoping some of the other kids from daycare would be in his class, but it doesn't look like it.
Oh well.
I think he'll be okay.
Watch out kindergarten. Here we come!

3 comments:

Blog said...

Hee! Doodle! That'd so cute! He's gonna do great at school!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

That's very exciting and scary all at the same time! You are one strong Mommy!!!

Don Mills Diva said...

Watching them grow is just so bittersweet. I can't wait for Graham to start school in a way in another way just the thought of it panicks me...