Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pregnancy Is a Full Time Job

I love being pregnant.
Well, I love what being pregnant leads to. I don't exactly glow. But, I'm surving, and with 10 weeks to go I'm doing pretty well.
But I've gotta say, lately being pregnant seems like a job on to itself.
Forget about the fact that I'm exhausted so I go to bed earlier, waste tons of times on maternity message boards and my head is generally full of all things baby related.
In addition to all that, these appointments are running me ragged.
Today I had an OB appointment.
I've now switched to bi-weekly appointments. Luckily the doctor isn't too far from my office. So, once every other week I take an extended lunch for that.
On top of that, bi-weekly, I go see one of the counsellors at the "Pre- and Post- Natal Life Stages clinic" (for the unitiated, this is a clinic to handle anxiety and depression - currently I fall into the anxiety category).
I'm supposed to be going for pre-natal massage at least every other week.
And now I'm going to physio (for my previously dislocated tailbone - thanks Doodle) quite likely once a week.
I'm EXHAUSTED!
I'm grateful that between the Canadian health system and the benefits at my work and Phat Daddy's, anything out of pocket is reimbursed. But still ... running to all of these appointments is insane. Trying to remember which floor the respective people are on in the correct building can be a task. And the cost of taxis and subway fare adds up.
The good news is that I have a healthy, though apparently rather large, baby growing inside of me. She's so big, in fact, that I have to go for another ultrasound to make sure that the dates we're working with are okay.
I'm sure they are.
And the other good news - since my last appointment (before Christmas) I only gained 1.5 lbs. Who only gains 1.5 lbs over Christmas. That brings my total weight gain up to only 15 pounds. I'm not complaining.
So far so good!

5 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Sounds like you're on the right track with the weight gain - and that schedule would tire anyone!

LoriD said...

That IS a lot of appointments... so hard to juggle with work. Only 10 weeks to go??? It seems so close!

SciFi Dad said...

10 weeks!?!

Woohoo!

When will we get to come visit?

(ps - I'm aware we fall significantly low in the spectrum...)

Anonymous said...

Allow me to echo the other folks- 10 weeks! So exciting! You must be exhausted between appointments, work and commuting. Maybe you can actually rest once the little one gets here (ha ha)!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

WOW! Time flies.
Yes, I agree with you, being pregnant is a full time job on it's own. For sure. You are doing such a great job at it, though!